4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

This is how the Swiss do it

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

This is how the Swiss do it Empty
PostSubject: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm

I have seen the light! reached nirvana! A solution to all our sleeping, storage, cooking, washing, and showering  needs whilst in the wilds and it's here http://www.swissroombox.com/ just don't look at the prices but Tom, do look at the totty  Smile
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 6:33 pm

With a car it seems like a good idea on paper, but stowage ? its small but quite heavy so it would have to be stored when traveling at the bottom of the boot, so everything would need to be placed on top of it.

I had the same problem with my old Merc ML, the rear with the seats folded flat is the size of a double bed.
The wife and I slept in the back on a couple of trips through France a few years ago but the problem and the main thing you would get fed up with was the fact you pull up in say an auberge take out cooking stuff and table and chairs then eat, pack the cooking stuff etc in the front passenger seat then take everything else out of the boot to make the bed.
Then pile every other piece of equipment on the drivers seat, then in the morning the reverse.
Believe me it gets tiresome very quickly.

Now in a van it's a totally different proposition and I would see it working very well you could make a false floor to store all you're kit underneath then the world's your lobster !!
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:37 pm

I agree with above, we hada discovery 3 again double matress in the back to sleep, and yes everything out to make bed, so on the secound trip msde s raised bed with storage under neath.  clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 pm

I agree guys, it was done tongue in cheek, it's on the same level as the fold up picnic tables that look like briefcases. Its for the gadget heads who only use it once and then put it at the back of the garage because its too much of a faff.

You have to wonder about the mind of the person that conceived such a complicated way of getting a bed, a sink, a shower etc into a vehicle, they must be a pain to live with!
imagine going for a visit and asking to use the bathroom?
"Oh yeah, it's over there, pull the top box forward, lift it up and push it back until it drops behind the box in the middle and settles on the floor. Then pull the middle box forward until it drops down in front of the bottom box, lift the lid on the middle box and hey presto you have a dunny"
"Oh Yeah if you want toilet paper it's in the first box"!  scratch 

Imagine having a great weekend away with your "carbox", you pack everything away and your ready to roll, you slap your hip pockets, your arse pockets, your chest pockets and then you know where you put the keys  Smile
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 4:35 am

Imagine having a great weekend away with your "carbox", you pack everything away and your ready to roll, you slap your hip pockets, your arse pockets, your chest pockets and then you know where you put the keys  Smile[/quote]

I know that feeling all to well, when we did our Morocco trip last year I had a lanyard given to me by my local independent LR garage and for the couple of months I was away it was fantastic if the keys weren't in the ignition they were round my neck or the lanyard was fastened to my chair, on returning home the wife made one trip to the supermarket managed to get the loop of the lanyard wrapped round her foot and the steering wheel swung the Disco into the drive and bent the key in the ignition  stupid 
luckily I got it out without breaking it so I'm now down to the one key I trust, I know the first time I use the other one it will snap off in the ignition  doh 
Back to top Go down
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:28 pm

I know that feeling all to well  doh [/quote]

Ooooh lucky escape there.

When we free camp in Scotland we always hide the car keys, that way if plod turns up when we are into our second box of wine he can't do us for being in charge because we are only there cos we lost the keys! trouble is the jeep has so many really great hiding places it is sometimes hard to find the keys again, trying to remember where you stashed them when you have a hangover can be troublesome and this has happened on more than one occasion  stupid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:52 am

Hidden in such a safe place you can't find them! Mmmmm, been there and done it!  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 am

Thought that was just the wine Tom.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:10 am

Me ... never?  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Me ... never?  Wink 

I bet you ave de vining stick for zis?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is how the Swiss do it   This is how the Swiss do it Empty

Back to top Go down

This is how the Swiss do it
Page 1 of 1