4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

VERY VERY Disappointed

Go down 
+2
tuggy
landytom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
landytom
Rookie
Rookie

VERY VERY Disappointed Empty
PostSubject: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Had a trip with a reputable company booked for a year, going to leave in 50 days, get an email last night to say had to cancel due to people pulling out  Sad  now dont get me wrong, I have my own business and understand a profit is required to operate, but the amount of planning i.e.holidays,purchases,petcare etc means this is REALLY a pain in backside, thats apart from the let down of the excitement about the trip (the first the wife agreed to come with me!!!)

Now scouring websites for a trip middle of June if anyone knows of one???
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 pm

now thats a pain.....feel for you..... mad 

thats why i always travel alone but i am running a trip to morocco in october.... thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
landytom
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 pm

tuggy wrote:
now thats a pain.....feel for you..... mad 

thats why i always travel alone but i am running a trip to morocco in october.... thumbsup 

Thanks Tug, already looked at your trip, can you send prices to me please, and any more details??
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:23 am

no problem.... thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:15 am

landytom wrote:
Had a trip with a reputable company booked for a year, going to leave in 50 days, get an email last night to say had to cancel due to people pulling out  Sad  now dont get me wrong, I have my own business and understand a profit is required to operate, but the amount of planning i.e.holidays,purchases,petcare etc means this is REALLY a pain in backside, thats apart from the let down of the excitement about the trip (the first the wife agreed to come with me!!!)

Hiya,
Just a thought, if June's already working for you, how about a trundle over to Bad Kissingen and the Abenteuer Allrad 2014, have a bit of a wonder around on route there and back.
Could be a good way of getting the mrs used to the lifestyle on an easy trip and meeting a like minded bunch of people, bit of boat and diesel is all it costs.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 pm

marjal wrote:
landytom wrote:

Hiya,
Just a thought, if June's already working for you, how about a trundle over to Bad Kissingen and the Abenteuer Allrad 2014, have a bit of a wonder around on route there and back.
Could be a good way of getting the mrs used to the lifestyle on an easy trip and meeting a like minded bunch of people, bit of boat and diesel is all it costs.
How annoying is that? When I started running tours in the Pyrenees, a couple booked up almost immediately. Towards departure date two vehicles pulled out, but I still ran the tour as they had their heart set on it. I explained the situation to them, saying that if they didn't mind, along with driving my established routes, we could use the time to 'go exploring' - basically utilise part of the tour as a reconnoitre, along with warning them we were quite likely to end up down some blind alleys at times. They were sound with the concept, viewing their participation as a challenge.

The upshot was that we all had a great time as it turned into an adventure for both of us. Financially I lost a few pennies in the process of course, but my conscience was clear and saw the whole process as 'just one of those things'. Never regretted my decision, perhaps this company should be less mercenary and adopt a different policy, otherwise you won't be the last clients they disappoint. Come to think of it, how many others have they done it to in the past? Ain't good.  Evil or Very Mad 

Marjal, that's not such a bad idea as it happens. There will be a few of us both en route and at the show itself. Of course it's not going to make up for the loss of your planned holiday landytom, but it'll certainly soften the blow.

You didn't say whereabouts you were off to BTW.
Back to top Go down
Jed@CampervanCulture.com
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Jed@CampervanCulture.com

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 am

landytom wrote:

Hi Tom,

What did your tour include?

Jed
Back to top Go down
http://www.campervanculture.com
landytom
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Did not really want to "name & shame" company, but if asked about them i will be honest with my opinion.

Tom, location was a fairly unique one, with no other company offering this trip (to my knowledge), strangely tho, company is not running this trip next year  scratching chin 

Have now managed to get on with the H4H trip, which leaves on same day, so thats not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Surfy
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 pm

I suggest to do an trip for your own. You will see that you will meet people which them you like to spend some travel days :-)

Just set you a destination and perpare the paperwork for yourself.

Surfy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Excellent, glad you're sorted. Fair enough not wanting to "name & shame" company. Annoying though it is, this is a just an odd but unfortunate situation. As you yourself said, you understand their business decision. However, I'm really intrigued as to what destination it would have been, thought most if not all of the accessible destinations were covered by everyone.

Go on ... give us a clue.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Jed, mine was a 7-day tour of the Spanish Pyrenees from Santander or Bilbao heading east,taking in the smuggler's route into Andorra, then back west to the ferry. Seven days was just right - not too rushed, still time for plenty of off-road stuff and photo opportunities of the eagles/vultures and landscape. I knew all the routes and campsites from running Landy Rally (I also knew where wild camping was possible), so I had covered the areas a dozen times previously carrying out recces or on the actual events. Adapting the charity drive roadbook to an actual tour wasn't a difficult process.

The USP of my tours was that the entire package included the cost of the ferry. Quite simply I struck a deal with the ferry operator that meant I could pass on a bit of a reduction to the customer. It wasn't much but it helped, plus of course the client didn't have to bother with the hassle of booking ferries themselves - it was a therefore complete package.

If ever heading down that way, let me know via PM and I can help out with a few pointers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VERY VERY Disappointed   VERY VERY Disappointed Empty

Back to top Go down

VERY VERY Disappointed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Main Chat Forum-
Jump to: