HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

A Journey Through Africa - From the UK in 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Through Africa - From the UK in 2015   Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:41 pm

I don't believe the trip is to raise money for African charities, I got the impression the charities were home based and with my son a serving member of the British army I wholeheartedly support any charity that benefits ex-servicemen and women.

The trip is merely a vehicle to raise money for said charities, would you rather they drove from John O Groats to Lands end then both the charities and the trip would be UK based.
If someone can raise the sort of money these guys plan to and it's not at the charities expense I say go for it.

Defender 300TDI - 110

www.4x4eurotours.com
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: A Journey Through Africa - From the UK in 2015   Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
To be honest I haven't. What's best then, shipping or hiring a 4x4?

Don't know Tom. For southern Africa you hire for up to three weeks. Four or five do your sums. Over five weeks take your own vehicle. Although that might have changed due to the RAC and it's change of Carnet funding.

Of course for South America no Carnet is required, a big saving.
Back to top Go down

A Journey Through Africa - From the UK in 2015
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2