4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Iceland

Go down 
+3
Tom Mc
wideformat4x4
ijp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ijp
Cleaner
Cleaner
ijp

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Iceland   Iceland EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:20 pm

I have wanted to go to Iceland for years and decided this was the year to do it but the time required to get there from the North East of Scotland makes it difficult, the ferry costs aren't appealing either. So I have just hired a modified defender from these guys on a U Drive package. Very Happy

http://www.isak.is/

Flights are cheap as easyjet fly from Edinburgh. The trip is booked for July so I will post a write up when we return.

I would much prefer to take my own truck but I am thinking of this as a recce for a future trip when I have more time.

Any suggestions for must do things in Iceland?

IJP
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:24 am

I can't be of much help on the what to do in Iceland question.
It's always been a place I've wanted to visit even if it was only to see the northern lights, so I look forward to hearing your tales when you return.
Have a great trip and remember loads of photo's
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 2:11 am

Seems like a plan. I have been trying to get Isak to book a trade stand at the Adventure Overland Show - I'll keep trying.

Back to top Go down
Surfy
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:59 pm

We go too to island this summer, but later than you :-)

But i had no time to specify the route and stuff to see yet. I suggests that you look to some trip reports, and decide what you want to see too  idea 

wideformat4x4 wrote:

It's always been a place I've wanted to visit even if it was only to see the northern lights, so I look forward to hearing your tales when you return.

The northern lights arent visible in the summer. We was there a month ago, but there was no sun activity, nor good weather  bawling 

But we did the tourist stuff arround reykjavik - can now focus to the highlands in the summer.

Surfy
Back to top Go down
ratrace
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 am

So I have just hired a modified defender from these guys on a U Drive package wrote:

how much for the hire and how many days?
Back to top Go down
ijp
Cleaner
Cleaner
ijp

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm

I have taken a 3 day U Drive package which costs about £1250 including accommodation for 2 nights. With the U Drive package you follow a planned route but are by yourself, not with a convoy.

Flights to Iceland from Edinburgh for a family of 4 were about £800.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:46 pm

wow... have a great time and take plenty of pics… thumbsup ….we are doing scandinavia this year for about 2-3 months in the summer but next year we are doing iceland the misses has said yes……so if you fancy going back…?
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
sundowners
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 10:00 pm

tuggy wrote:
wow... have a great time and take plenty of pics… thumbsup ….we are doing scandinavia this year for about 2-3 months in the summer but next year we are doing iceland the misses has said yes……so if you fancy going back…?

Hi Tuggy
Sorry crashing this thread---but-----what are your plans for Scandinavia this summer------you may remember we did a run there last year, IF we can get away this Summer, we are planning to re-visit central Sweden-------we go via Travemunde/Malmo-----for us it's the cheapest way into Sweden/Norway-------------------Sweden is our ultimate Summer hideaway, it's SOOO easy and relaxed and prices much the same as UK (prices in Norway VERY different)------------------------if there is anything that we can help you (or anyone else) with, please ask.
We are hoping to be there August until AO show in Sept------trying to miss mozzies, they can be quite oppressive inland (away from the coast)
Nigel & Pamala

We would love to do Iceland but can't see us managing the cost now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi, yea we are going to bad kiss then we are visiting friends in holland then were heading up to norway to see more friends and spend some time on the west coast, we are then doing 3 land rover shows in norway , denmark,and then sweden then back to holland to see a mate…..so busy summer…. scratching chin 
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Sponsored content

Iceland Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iceland   Iceland Empty

Back to top Go down

Iceland
Page 1 of 1