4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

G Wagen Dream machine

Go down 
+2
Tom Mc
twende
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

G Wagen Dream machine Empty
PostSubject: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 am

I've owned three G's.  One of them a V8 AMG but nothing to compare to this little baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z39jXZfCpf0

Can you image one of these with a demountable camper  affraid
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:41 am

Very pretty and doubtless loads of fun, but obviously built for speed rather than off-road ability. For instance, doesn't appear to be much articulation there, bet it would struggle over the little log towards the end of this vid - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuJHchxpvQ

What a machine!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Peej
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Peej

PostSubject: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Love it, I want one of each  Very Happy 
Your right about the articulation Tom. The two videos show how tame road versions are compared to proper off roaders but you couldn't sell the Landy to Joe public, they would roll it at every roundabout!

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 am

True! It's bad enough coping with off-road tyres on wet tarmac, let the general public loose with any kind of trick suspension set-up, that really would be a recipe for disaster.  affraid 
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 am

First vid far too jumpy and merging for me, rubish.
second vid all out focus also rubbish, but great Lanndy.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 am

I got 4G, but that's only my work mobile' does this count?
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 am

Length to ground clearance also wrong, easily grounded rock crawling; another vehicle built for a specific purpose which I suspect is off road racing where you don't encounter large rocks.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:35 am

Ooooo!!! I like this very much as a plaything.

I would love to see it follow my D2 in and out of some of the dry river beds we encountered in Morocco !
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:01 pm

It would follow you in, but it wouldn't follow you out.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Assassin wrote:
It would follow you in, but it wouldn't follow you out.
I tell you wideformat4x4, he was exactly the same when we paid a visit to those 'special houses' in Amsterdam. No wonder we missed the plane back, but it was a day to remember!!!  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Check out Top Gear new series starting this Sunday on BBC2.  From the preview it looks like they are testing the G Wagen on one of the shows.

Obviously this is a toy for the rich kids £370.000.00. affraid   But for those who like the tech bits:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/mercedes-benz/g63-amg-6x6

But I must say, if the military version is now used by the Ausies it must be doing something right.

As I said earlier, I'm not biased as I have owned both Landy and G Wagen so as the old saying goes "horses for course"  Smile
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 am

Tom told me it was a sausage and kebab house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G Wagen Dream machine   G Wagen Dream machine Empty

Back to top Go down

G Wagen Dream machine
Page 1 of 1