4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Intrepidfor10minutes
Rookie
Rookie
Intrepidfor10minutes

Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014   Empty
PostSubject: Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014    Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014   EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 am

I am planning to ship my land cruiser to Canada next year and due to the height (i.e. with Roof tent it is just under 2.5m) I need to book a 40' container, which has a 2.56m door height. I therefore have room for another.

The internal length is 39'5" and my vehicle is a little under 19', so there is room for a similar size vehicle, (why they measure length in imperial and height in metric beats me!)

Cost (excluding insurance) is around £2,800.00 for my vehicle alone (this is with costs at the other end, including assistance, which adds about £200.00 but I want to make it as easy as possible). A second vehicle would add around £400.00. So would cost approx £1.600.00 each, excluding insurance.

We have not settled on a final date as yet but will be somewhere between mid May to mid June.

We plan to drive across Canada and up the Dolton Highway to the Arctic Ocean, then all the way down to the Antarctic Ocean and probably back to Colombia to ship back, ensuring we take in all countries in South America. We only have loose timescales at this stage but will be at least 12 months.

I plan to confirm a date and book the shipping by mid Feb latest, but will book in early January if we have another confirmed vehicle.
Back to top Go down
http://intrepidfor10minutes.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014    Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014   EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 am

Wow, what a trip that will be! As I'm sure you're aware, It'll be extremely difficult finding somebody to share your container, but if you don't ask ...

At least these days we have the internet, so you stand a fair chance if you manage to spread the word as far as possible. Time for joining loads of forums methinks. As long as you keep a log of 'em all saved as favourites and a Word or Excel file with all the passwords, etc. you won't get too confused and may even be lucky. Good hunting! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Intrepidfor10minutes
Rookie
Rookie
Intrepidfor10minutes

PostSubject: Change of Destionation   Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:57 am

After a frought time trying to get insurance for Canada and the US computer-22 we have finally manged to obtain an offer of liability only insurance (due to the age of the vehicle) from AIG in the US. However, this only becomes valid when we enter the US, so we are now shipping to Baltomre instead of Halifax NS.cheers1  

Shipping date will be arouind 18th May 2014, so anyone considerring a similar trip and wanting to cut the cost of shipping please get in touch (i.e. 40 foot container).

We are also planning to cross the Darian Gap at the end of November so would also be up for sharing a container on this crossing also.

We will eventuaally ship back from Columbia, but this is not likley until early 2016.
Back to top Go down
http://intrepidfor10minutes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014    Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014   Empty

Back to top Go down

Shipping to Halifax Nova Scotia in May/June 2014
Page 1 of 1