4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Storage boxes

Go down 
+6
Gold Rig
Tom Mc
marjal
titomendes
andyk
Mudslingger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ijp
Cleaner
Cleaner
ijp

Storage boxes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:43 pm

This is what I am working away at. Cant match the quality of Gold Rig's mates set up though.

I fitted the canopy a couple of weeks ago, made low so the roof tent is kept low (weight and flush with roof rack).

Storage boxes - Page 2 113

This weekend was spent working out the best lay out for storage boxes under a false floor. I can fit in 6 just. These cost about £15 from a local scrap yard.

Storage boxes - Page 2 210

Each slot holds 2 boxes, the first box in will be stuff I don't need often, spares and tools. The second box will have the lid removed so it is more of a drawer than a box to allow easy and quick access.

Storage boxes - Page 2 310

The complete unit is bolted in with 4 accessible bolts to allow easy removal of the complete unit.

The next bit to work out will be a sliding bed tray on top of the drawer unit. On the sliding tray will be the fridge and cooker first and general storage behind. Also to fit in will be the auxiliary battery on one side and water container on the other.

As I make progress I will post more photos. Trying to make it all simple and adaptable.
Back to top Go down
titomendes
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
titomendes

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Gold Rig
Very good job
I will steel some ideias from you.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Mudslingger wrote:
Ipswich Australia a bit more than 132 miles me thinks
I dunno, there's always a catch. No 
Back to top Go down
VikingExplorer
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
VikingExplorer

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:30 am

This is what I built. Total capacity is 14 wolfboxes, plus the space in front of the third and fourth levels. I used standard plywood, and it has held up really well during my year on the road.Very Happy 
Storage boxes - Page 2 IMG_1318
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape-blog.net
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:24 pm

Viking explorer
How do you find the additional weight in the vehicle, and did you fix it body as well
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingbeyond.com
VikingExplorer
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
VikingExplorer

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:22 pm

Mudslingger,
With all the back seats out the additional weight when it is empty is close to none (if any). But yes, when fully loaded it is heavier - obviously depending on what you pack.
I upgraded to OME +400kg rear coils and this did the trick for me. I can feel that the vehicle is carrying weight, but I still have plenty of power. I really don't think this solution is much heavier than one of those fancy drawer systems you can buy.
The floor board is attached to the floor using the bolt holes for the original load fix points. The system is then attached to the floor board. The system is modular, so I can take out each level separately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape-blog.net
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Working on my own set now. Still a work in progress.

Storage boxes - Page 2 Img_7810
Back to top Go down
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:05 pm

Storage boxes - Page 2 Img_7811
Back to top Go down
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Storage boxes - Page 2 Img_7812
Back to top Go down
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Storage boxes - Page 2 Img_7813
Back to top Go down
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Storage boxes - Page 2 Img_7814
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 12:09 am

Both rigs a very nice set up, keep up the good work,  clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 2:25 am

Yep, very neat.  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storage boxes   Storage boxes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Storage boxes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2