4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Engine help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick25156843
Rookie
Rookie

Engine help Empty
PostSubject: Engine help   Engine help EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi every one
Time has come for my little 90 to go wife has just said we r going to have our 1st kid
But we can get a 110 so all is not to bad the only problem am having is the price of land rover is not good last year some one offered 5 k for it know on eBay I will be lucky if it makes 3k never mind any ways back to it at the min I have a 200 tdi and the only 110 I can find that the wife likes is a 19j lump has any one got one used one what are thay like
Many thanks nick
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Engine help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine help   Engine help EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi nick,
Had one years ago, if you are not a speed freak, and the engine has been serviced well if will just plug along all day, you could just swap engines and then sell the 90.

good luck clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

Engine help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine help   Engine help EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:02 pm

I have a 2.5 NA diesel in my truck. As Roamingman says, as long as you don't plan on zooming down motorways at 70+ mph, then you will be fine (and to be honest, given the handling characteristics of the defender, I think going over 60 mph is a bit foolish...not what it was designed for). I have had 3.5 V8 defenders, a 2.5 petrol Santana, a couple of 2.25 Series IIIs, a couple 300/200 tdi's and to be honest, the 2.5 NA diesel is my favorite so far. It is simple, rugged, has lots of guts at the low end and will cruise comfortably at 60 mph...unless there is a long hill. When I bought this truck I thought I would upgrade to a 200 tdi but having driven it for 2 years now I am happy to stay with the 2.5 NA. It took us through France and Spain last year, will do Morocco this year...and eventually will take us across Asia to Malaysia and on to Australia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine help   Engine help Empty

Back to top Go down

Engine help
Page 1 of 1