4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Land Rover show: Billing

Go down 
+6
SafariDude
kevinf
marjal
Tembo
Tom Mc
twende
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

Land Rover show: Billing Empty
PostSubject: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Hi all,

Anybody up for Land Rover show at Billing Aquadrome at the end of July.  It's a good excuse to get out and meet up before the proper show in September Wink
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:49 pm

I shall be there, but working on somebody else's stand. Will let you know whan and where, have to meet up for a glass or three.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 am

Just down the road from me, so will be there.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 am

Great stuff.  We park up behind the Camel crowd.  The Twende flag will be flying and the fridge will be full clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 am

Fingers crossed the show date wont change like last year, we'd taken 6 weeks in the uk last year
from Almeria Spain with the last week or so hanging around the midlands with a soggy Oz Tent etc.
A few days before the show date we called into BOAB and learned about the show cancelation date.
24 hours later we were back on the port at portsmouth.
Leaving Almeria on sunday on route again to Billing via the Netherlands, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
kevinf
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 8:16 pm

sorry not this year

will be in malawi:clapping:

sould be ok for peterborough and the overland show!

cheers kevin
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:07 am

marjal wrote:
Fingers crossed the show date wont change like last year, we'd taken 6 weeks in the uk last year
from Almeria Spain with the last week or so hanging around the midlands with a soggy Oz Tent etc.
A few days before the show date we called into BOAB and learned about the show cancelation date.
24 hours later we were back on the port at portsmouth.
Leaving Almeria on sunday on route again to Billing via the Netherlands, fingers crossed.
Good stuff marjal, another for the party! cheers1 
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:42 am

We're looking to rock up too. Not sure if we're camping over or not yet (it would be our first camp night so still a bit nervous about this pale  but 99% sure will be there even if only for the day.

Would love to say hi to some of you experts and get some tips for when we finally get to do our big adventure adore 
Back to top Go down
http://www.alternativeafricanadventures.co.uk/
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Great stuff.  I will be there from Thursday so if anyone wants a camping spot saved nearby I will have my stakes and Hazard tape at the ready.

No Tom "stakes" as in wood, not "steaks" as in meat laughing pound
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:08 am

There seems to be camping at 2 different sites - one the Aquadome, the other at a farm. Which one is best/most convenient? My wife has mobility issues so closest to the main event (not much walking) would be best if you know?
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi, the Aquadome is by far the best site for you.  All parts of the site are accessable by roads and the tiolet/shower blocks have wheelchair access.

The camping is on the very edge of the main show ground.  Where we plot up it's 100 metres from the toilets and 20 metres from the start of the show ground, and...............very close to the beer tent clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: camping at billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:00 am

twende wrote:
Hi, the Aquadome is by far the best site for you.  All parts of the site are accessable by roads and the tiolet/shower blocks have wheelchair access.

The camping is on the very edge of the main show ground.  Where we plot up it's 100 metres from the toilets and 20 metres from the start of the show ground, and...............very close to the beer tent clinking teacups

I'll second that, the farms a bit out of the way we thought. the camping field bang next to the show is
Shell Duck then next to that is Puddle Duck if that helps when booking.
Back to top Go down
cadarn
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
cadarn

PostSubject: Dutch   Land Rover show: Billing EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi All,

We'll be joining you all in Billing with a bunch of at least 10 (Dutch)cars.
We'll be doing a greenlane route from Ipswich in 2 days to Billing.
For Tom's information: The route itself will practicly lead through your backyard.
Evert will be there too, as my son, off course together with enough Dutch beer.
Greets Jaap

Last edited by cadarn on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dezeilmaker.nl
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 2:49 am

Dam it I'm gonna miss it this year, would have been good to catch up with Evert and Japp and the rest of the travel forum guys Sad 
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 pm

As yet I don't know the location of Ralph's trade stand, so therefore don't know how much space (if any) will be behind for camping. Unless I hear otherwise, then I think it best that SafariDude pitches alongside twende. As the man says, he has the magic red & white tape so can cordon off spaces if required. Billing is not so packed as it once was, but it will still require some forethought, so if you need twende's assistance in roping off a space, you must let him know ... marjal for instance.

cadarn - that's great news, it'll be great to see you all again. cheers  I guess with that amount of vehicles, unless you're going be there early enough, you'll have to pitch up wherever you can. I'm sure you'll manage. With all that Dutch beer on board, you're self-contained anyway!

wideformat4x4 - what????? Never mind, we'll make up for it at ADVENTURE OVERLAND as I've reserved a pitch for "4x4 Overland Travel Forum" directly alongside "Landy Rally", so you can have a foot in both camps.
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 7:20 am

We contacted the the show guys and they said there are no pitches left for us (we can only stay for the Saturday night but they charge for the whole period) and there are no pitches left at all with electricity. If we do come we'll just be there for the day then Sad 
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 am

Sorry to hear you wont be stopping over.

This show ground is getting worse each year. They are developing the static caravan areas constantly so less areas for us to camp. They may call it enterprise, I put it down to greed.

Look forward to meeting up on the Saturday, plenty of spare chairs with us if you've have enough of the show on the day you can chill with us for a while.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Couldn't agree more, Billing is nothing like it was. No 
Back to top Go down
PJ_
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:13 pm

cheers1 One week to go!

JP i will pop with Rick and say hello as always!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.fourwheeldriveclub.com
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:20 am

[quote="Tom Mc"]As yet I don't know the location of Ralph's trade stand, so therefore don't know how much space (if any) will be behind for camping. Unless I hear otherwise, then I think it best that SafariDude pitches alongside twende. As the man says, he has the magic red & white tape so can cordon off spaces if required. Billing is not so packed as it once was, but it will still require some forethought, so if you need twende's assistance in roping off a space, you must let him know ... marjal for instance.

Thanks for the thought Tom, we already have a pitch on Shell Duck which is close to the Camel Crowd
and Twende's.
We will be sure to visit and introduce ourselfs, we will probabaly stand out as we're draging an anchor
er I mean a trailer behind us, remember we were chasing a South African Conquerer Companion trailer.
Well we managed a new one and have recently picked it up near Rotterdam.
Currently working on it in the North West UK prior to returning to Southern Spain via Billing.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:11 am

Now there's a thought. We are flying over to see my daughter in La Cala (El Faro) the week after Billing. Where are you based over there?

I will save an area between Chas' demountable and mine for as long as we can. Just let me know for how many. Safari Dude, if you can't arrange official camping just park your car outside and we can all come to you and help carry your camping gear to our site. No one has ever checked out the amount of tents/vehicles on each pitch.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:53 am

Decided, I'll be there late tomorrow evening (Wednesday). See y'all. cheers1 
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 4:55 am

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys tomorrow at Billing clinking teacups 
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Well met on Saturday .... always nice to put a face to a forum name Very Happy 

Cheers again to Tom for shwoing us around the site, and to Twende for the welcome cold drink thumbsup  You have an amazing truck that will be superb when you finally start your adventures!
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 am

Got to second that Safaridude.  Always welcome to drop in for a drink (wherever we are) Really good to meet you both.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover show: Billing   Land Rover show: Billing Empty

Back to top Go down

Land Rover show: Billing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next