4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
maureenwycherley
Rookie
Rookie

Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule   Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 am

Hi everyone

The Jimnys are now 9 days behind schedule due to the hold up with passports etc but they're driving as fast as they can to try and catch up. They've crossed the border into Russia and last night was spent in Volgograd. They've not had much time to stop and look around because they're so far behind and as they go further east the roads are worsening as you can see by this video ... http://bit.ly/165YiSp ...... they might not be off roading but looking at the state of the roads it's just as well they uprated the suspension, wheels and tyres.

Tomorrow they hope to reach Samara, back on the original route, from there they will have to take a few more short cuts through Kazakhstan to reach Novosibirsk in time to meet the next crew.

Brewing in the background is a question mark over whether they will be able to take the Jimnys to Japan, talks with the Japanese Embassy are going on and just in case they can't go, research as to whether they can get them onto a container directly from Vladivostok to Seattle as a back up plan. So all is not well in the camp at the moment!

You can keep up with what's going on at www.facebook.com/heavencanwaitimbusy and @JimnyChallenge

To finish I have a question to ask ...... we're trying to arrange a couple of stops in Canada to meet up with Suzuki fans but I need some contacts .... anyone able to help with that?
Back to top Go down
Mac
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Mac

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule   Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 am

Cannot help on the Canada front. But if you post the same info on the following forum, someone may be able to help you. I know they have contacts in the states.

http://ragingrhinosforum.boards.net/
Back to top Go down
maureenwycherley
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Thanks   Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:04 am

Thanks Mac, I've done just that.
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule   Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 am

Just checked out the FB page ...... I hope I can still be that adventurous when I get to that age. Those guys are a real inspiration!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alternativeafricanadventures.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule   Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Challenge - 9 days behind schedule
Page 1 of 1