4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Camping trailer (ex-sankey)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hilux4x4
Rookie
Rookie
Hilux4x4

Camping trailer (ex-sankey) Empty
PostSubject: Camping trailer (ex-sankey)   Camping trailer (ex-sankey) EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:21 am

Hi everyone.

I have managed to get my hands on a really nice looking trailer (nice for me). Now I have to make some modifications to it so that it suites my needs.

Firstly I would like to know if it is possible to make some kind of change so that I can run the same wheels as on my truck (jap 6 stud) as this is currently on Land Rover wheels (33 inch). I would like to run on 265/75/16’s

Secondly I need to build a frame so that I can mount a normal rooftop tent (with Annex) on this trailer. The trailed was built for a trailer tent but I have a rooftop tent already and those trailer tents are very expensive. The idea of the frame is in the picture below.

Will this work?

Attachments
Camping trailer (ex-sankey) AttachmentTrailer 003.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(112 Kb) Downloaded 23 times
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Camping trailer (ex-sankey)   Camping trailer (ex-sankey) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 6:51 am

yes just build it to hight you want cannot see a problem with that nice trailer
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Camping trailer (ex-sankey)   Camping trailer (ex-sankey) EmptyWed May 15, 2013 3:30 am

For the stud change, you could get a hold of some spacers, they can change the stud pattern from 5 to 6.
Usually i don't think that spacers are a good idea on vehicles but your trailer is lighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping trailer (ex-sankey)   Camping trailer (ex-sankey) Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping trailer (ex-sankey)
Page 1 of 1