HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Go down 
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel

PostSubject: MONOCOQUE FRONT RECOVERY!   Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 am

have been chatting to a chap in the UAE who runs a Terios, like I had. Now the big issue with these, was the lack of front recovery points due to it being a monocoque-NO CHASSIS RAILS!Well he has come up with what I think is a brilliantly simple answer. He has tested them out too, by recovering 2 x Land Cruisers from the dunes when they were "buried".
I reckon this would work on most monocoque 4x4's....and we'll being seeing more of them soon. More will be built this way to drastically reduce vehicle weight.

Sometimes my wife calls me Victor......
Back to top Go down
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: MONOCOQUE FRONT RECOVERY!   Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Mk III / IV Shogun's and Pajero's as well as the latest Range Rover's are already a semi monocogue construction but they still have a structurally loadable area front and rear, all you need is to identify them and you can weld reinforcing plates in and use them in exactly the same way as a chassis.
Back to top Go down
Page 1 of 1