4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Unimog pictures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Some years ago I got interested in Unimogs. Every time I saw a Unimog somewhere in Europe I took some pictures.
Enjoy the pictures of these multifunctional vehicles on my website:
Unimog pictures thumbsup

Rob
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocruiser.nl
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

Been looking for one for a while, most are overpriced rubbish or just decent and extortionate.
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 am

The problem is that lots of people are looking for an Unimog and I think there are not many Unimogs with right hand drive. getting nowhere fast
And even for us in the Netherlands the Unimog with left hand drive is not cheap, not over here and not in Germany.
For me the Unimog is to chunky and to expensive too, but I like them a lot. Wink
And an U2450 doesn't fit in my backyard. 😕

Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:32 am

Nearest I've ever got to owning a Unimog was a set of Unimog 404 wheels I fitted to my Landrover 101.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Yep, expensive but excellent vehicles.

Rob, you're in Brabant, do you live near the only hill in Holland - Valkenburg?
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Hi Rich,
4 Unimog wheels is a very good start of getting a Unimog.
I started a few years ago with one spare wheel of a LandCruiser. I got that one from a Cruisie, who had to much spares, when he found out that I was searching for a LandCruiser.
Keep up the good dreams.

Hello Tom Mc,
I’m living about 90 miles from Valkenburg, but the only hill in the Netherlands is near the village of Vaals. It’s the three-corner point of borders between the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and 13 miles SE of Valkenburg.
Rob Wink
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 am

I don't dream about unimogs - now a brand new 3 litre 5.5 tonne lwb iveco daily 4x4, now thats something worth dreaming about

I did have 5 landcruiser rims too but i just sold them
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:08 am

About as rare as Unimogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 am

Rarer in fact - i think its a Scam ! Razz

If you don't get it search for scam 4x4

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Then there are TWO hills in Holland, for there is a steep 12% hill as you drive down into the town of Valkenburg, with a campsite cut into the hill to the right. It's called the Cauberg and it forms part of the cycle road race course during the famous Amstel Gold Race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauberg

I see the Vaalserberg is also utilised during the Amstel Gold Race. Well, you live and learn.

Also via Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaalserberg

Nothing whatsoever to do with Unimogs, but I mention Valkenburg because a few on this forum have been to the town when starting an infamous 4x4 European Charity Drive through the Alps and the Pyrenees. Valkenburg is a 'party town'. drunken
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:10 pm

A friend of mine has a Unimog fitted with a cherry picker so he can trim his many trees on his estate in Somerset.
8 to 12 miles to the gallon bit heavy on fuel for overlanding for my liking.

I also have fond memories of Valkenberg spent a couple of nights there in 2011 best T bone steak I have every had and my first Duval there as well happy days Very Happy cheers1
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:07 am

@Rich:
We all have our own dreams, as long as we can fullfill them its allright. adore

@Tom Mc:
At school I’ve learned the hills are between 200 m and 500 m above sea level.
And there is only one hill in our country that can be called a hill; it’s theVaalserberg (berg is mountain) with 322 m. The Cauberg has an altitude of 137 m, as you can see on that same Wiki page, we call it a mountain, but it even isn’t a hill. The slope of 12% doesn’t make it a hill, some bridges in Amsterdam are steeper. I’m sorry to disappoint you. Sad

I have been on one of the highest mountains in the world. It’s the Mauna Kea on the Big Island of Hawaii. Together with the Mauna Loa these two mountains have an elevation more than 1000 meters higher than the Mount Everest, measured from the base at the bottom of the sea. And it is much easier to climb, we did it in een coach. Wink

@wideformat4x4:
Can you sent me two pictures of that cherry-picker-Unimog, then I can post them on my website, only with permission of the owner of course.
Your very right about Valkenburg, they know how to party and they know how to treat their guests.
Like you, I like Belgium beer a lot. For me the Belgians make the best beers in the world. Although “Fire Rock” beer of Hawaii tastes also fabulous.
cheers1

Cheers, Rob
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:51 am

I've asked my mate if it's ok for you to post a couple of pictures of his Unimog on your site if he says it's ok if you PM me your email address I will forward the pictures

Rgds Gary
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:37 am

Hi Gary,

Thanks a lot; I sent you a PM

Best regards, Rob Smile
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:01 am

Cheers Rob, I'll let you know when Andrew replies to my email
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 am

Hold on, Mauna Kea isn't a mountain, it's a volcano. Question is - what's the difference? scratch
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 am

Right Rob

Just got an email back no problem with the pictures he will take them and email them to me thumbsup
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:20 am

Hello Tom Mc,
When we were on top of Mauna Kea we didn’t feel the difference, the only thing we felt was the lack of oxygen. But it sure was beautiful up there, when we saw the sun go down above the clouds. Wink

Hi Gary,
Will you thank Andrew for me?
And now I’m curious. clapping

Best Regards, Rob
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am

Hi Rob

If you pm me your email address I now have 3 pictures of said Unimog ready to ping across

Rgds Gary
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:26 am

Cheers Gary,

Thanks again; I sent you a PM

Best Regards, Rob Smile
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 am

No problem Rob hope there what your looking for thumbsup
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 am

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the pictures of the “Cherry Picker” Mog.
I posted them: GeoCruiser.nl
The truck looks awsome. cheers

Best Regards, Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unimog pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unimog pictures   Unimog pictures Empty

Back to top Go down

Unimog pictures
Page 1 of 1