4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada

Go down 
+6
Tom Mc
SafariDude
RobGT
earl65
Tembo
Mohit Thakur
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mohit Thakur
Rookie
Rookie

Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada Empty
PostSubject: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Canada is one of the amazing country in this world. There is lots of tourist attraction places. All are really awesome places
to visit. idea

This is the list of top five Canada attractions and destinations.
1. Niagara Falls is the most powerful waterfall.
2. CN tower the tallest standing structure in the world.
3. Old Montreal.
4 Toronto.
5. Vancouver.

Thanks,
cheers
Back to top Go down
Mohit Thakur
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Reviews   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello Guys please share your reviews. Thanks cheers1
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Hey Mohit, as a born Canadian I can probably add a few comments.

Your list sounds fine for people who appreciate cities. I am more of an 'outdoors' kind of guy. I was born in Toronto and have never been to Niagara Falls...way too commercialized. Try Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe/Zambia for a real waterfall attraction.

As for the other Canadian 'must sees' I would say Newfoundland for the friendliest people in the world and some really rugged land and forests.

The Yukon (in summer), the Badlands in Alberta, the Rocky Mountains and especially Lake Louise/Banff any time of year.

The greatest thing about Canada for me is that it is the 3rd largest country in the world with only half the population of the UK. Which translates into lots of wide open spaces and pristine forest, mountains, lakes and rivers. About 60% of Canada is 'crown land' which means it is owned by the government...which means the people of Canada and that means anyone can have access for camping, 4x4's, snowmobiles, hiking.

Also, no council tax, stamp duty, annual MOTs, vehicle tax discs or TV licences. The Canadian version of the VAT is 5%. I should probably stop now before I start to wonder why the hell I moved here to the UK....
Back to top Go down
Mohit Thakur
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello Tembo, My dear friend I think you must be proud Canadian. Well thank you so much for this valuable information. I am very glad to hear about your reviews about Canada. Really you share some amazing things. Thank you so much once again. Cheers
Back to top Go down
earl65
Rookie
Rookie
earl65

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:54 am

I agree with you these are top attractions of Canada. All places have its own attraction and my favorite destination is in BC like Calgary and Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
RobGT
Rookie
Rookie
RobGT

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:34 am

Like Tembo, we like the natural scenery.
The highlights on our trip through Canada will be the Rocky Mountains with the well known National Parks and we will visit the hardly known “Red Rock Coulee Natural Area”, 26 km south of Medicine Hat.
For some really beautiful Falls we will visit the "Iguacu Falls" on the border of Argentina and Brazil, a few years later.

Happy Trails, Rob Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocruiser.nl
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:32 am

Can't disagree with Tembo ... Vic Falls as an experience blows Niagra out of the water (excuse the pun). As Falls, Niagra is great, but the town just reminds me on Blackpool! Toronto and Vancouver great cities though, so can't complain there. Especially as Vic Falls means you've probably just been on a South African, Zambian or Botswana safari too cheers1

If anyone has been watching the whale watching series on UK TV recently with Nigel Marven then you'll certainly add Vancouver island and the surrounding waters to the must sees, especially April time. The Grey Whales are migrating through from Mexico, there are Orcas around, and the bears are after the salmon. Looked amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.alternativeafricanadventures.co.uk/
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Just a travel story...

About 25 years ago a buddy of mine was touring Vancouver Island on his Harley. He was on the little-populated western coast when he stopped to have lunch beside the pacific. While munching on a sandwich he noticed a gold plaque stuck into the side of a big pile of rock sitting about 100m offshore. After a while he decided he had to know what it said. Since no one was around he peeled off his kit, dove into the pretty cold water and swam out. Reaching the rock, he climbed up the side and down a ledge to the front where he could read the plaque, which read: No swimming, killer whales.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:21 am

Tembo wrote:
Just a travel story...
No swimming, killer whales.
lol!
Back to top Go down
terryb
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:35 pm

I could not agree more with you. But apart from these there are also other beautiful places to see in Canada.
Back to top Go down
http://247cityairporttransfer.co.uk/
hubertlance
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:43 pm

Canada's Wonderland is home to the largest wooden roller coaster in existence in. The park consists of 2,500 acres of land in the Canadian Rockies

sacramento-hotels.org
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:10 pm

The Great Canadian Mindbuster...I think that is what the wooden roller coaster is called. I have been on it several times in years past. Always enjoyed the ride.
Back to top Go down
Michaelwill199
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Cheap hotels in Las vegas   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing this very nice information about these top attractions of Canada. I'll definitely visit over there, if i get a chance!!!

thetravelogy.com
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:44 pm

I just nip over to eldest daughters, she lives in Toronto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada   Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

Five Top Tourist Attractions in Canada
Page 1 of 1