4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

North East Morocco?

Go down 
+11
SafariDude
Silverfox
Mac
roamingman
colley2.8
tuggy
GirlChild
wideformat4x4
Tom Mc
marjal
Tembo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

North East Morocco? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:11 am

Tembo wrote:
No worries...life happens. But if you are out to Tom's Overland show maybe we can have a chat and pose a few questions in exchange for a couple of beers then.

hope fully i will have the truck over by then and will take it to the show.. cheers ....so beer BBQ and chat top of the agender,, study thumbsup scratching chin ,,
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:27 am

tuggy wrote:
....so beer BBQ and chat top of the agenda study thumbsup scratching chin ,,
That's mandatory!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 05, 2013 5:54 am

Sorry to hear you may not be able to make the trip it was your enthusiasm for Morocco at Toms show last year that made me want to visit the country.
Strange a rainy Friday night in a marquee in Northamptonshire and a few beers and I was sold on the place.

Hopefully we will see you at Toms do this year and be able to pick your brains after some burnt meat and a few beers. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Okay, so I will be at Hubb all four days (except Friday night, have to run back to collect my better half who will come up for Sat/Sun). Gary mentions in another thread that he will arrive at Hubb on Thursday. Steve is up for coming out as well. So a meeting there is taking shape. So how is Friday the 31st or Saturday 1 June for everyone?
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:22 am

Sounds like a plan to me thumbsup
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:00 am

Ditto, we will be there from Tuesday helping out, beer and BBQ coming together. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 08, 2013 3:45 am

Saturday is best for me Wink
Back to top Go down
colley2.8
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
colley2.8

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:20 am

Are we still meeting???
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:09 pm

I'll be there early Thurs morning. cheers
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySat May 25, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm hoping to arrive Thursday lunchtime
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:37 am

Opps! Looks as if it'll be a session Thursday evening, flight to Germany 6am next day. Why do I do it? doh
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:02 pm

I plan on coming up Wednesday afternoon...so good for Thursday evening with Gary&Tom. Steve, I will be there until Sunday afternoon, so if you can't make Thursday, Gary and I can fill you in on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Also, I will be bringing along the full set of our big maps (thanks again Gary!) and some other trip planning documents, so unless you have been marking your maps, we don't all need them. I guess the questions that we need to decide on are:

1) What ferry route do we want to use (stick to Melilla or move to Cueta)?

2) When do we meet up in Spain for the ferry?

3) If we do shift to Cueta, that adds a new leg, and possibly and interesting one, so who wants to plan it?

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:22 am

See you all when you arrive, be their in morning, nice and sunny here tonight. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:38 am

Just in case you missed it on the other thread about Donington, Gary and I are aiming to be on site tomorrow (Wednesday) late afternoon/early evening.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:37 am

Tom you have PM
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:56 am

Tembo
just lifted this of the HUBB forum tickets from carlos.

Hi all,

From the the man himself today:-

Algeciras - TangerMed
Open ticket both ways
Acciona fast ferry
4x4 and 1pax 95€
4x4 and 2pax 110€

Includes the statutory cake and sidra.

Happy trails,

Peter

edit James just found this from some one else, seems like others don't use carlos.

In his office, a couple of weeks ago, it was pandemonium. After an AWFUL lot of sodding about, we eventually left empty-handed and went down to the (Algeciras) harbour office where all the other agents have their little kiosks. To cut a long story short, we bought tickets from one guy - a VERY nice and helpful Moroccan agent, for the same price that Carlos was quoting. A Ford Mondeo and a Discovery were 70 euros each, one way, on Acciona ("normal" ferry). Seems like it's a waste of time going to see Carlos these days????

You should have a look at the forum
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:39 am

yes carlos is very popular i have been using him for the last 3 years and he has been very good usually got a return open crossing for 180euro,s
but on my last crossing from ceuta to algecirus i used a guy in the office and got a crossing for 80 euros so i think theres a bit of a war going on everybody seems to be lowering there prices....no so many people going over....good for us i suppose.....
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Hmmm...interesting. The plot thickens....

Have to say that I am leaning towards a Cueta/Tanger crossing. It is definitely alot cheaper and will give Yoda a good leg to plan crossing the Atlas over to our 'start point' at Taourirt. It is about 200 miles as the crow flies, so even if we stretched it out to 300 miles with zigging and zagging we could be into Taourirt with a day or two. Colley2.8 says his leg won't take a full three days so it shouldn't put us off schedule.

So, show of hands for a crossing at Tanger/Cueta?

Next question then is if we agree, do we book in advance as a group or just show up and see what deals we can get? Tuggy, what would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:34 pm

show up on the day and get your ticket...if you book in advance your committed.. doh ...if somebody drops out you will loose your ticket an on the day you can haggle for a better price... scratching chin
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

and you will have a better experiance if you go to ceuta.... thumbsup

ceuta crossing is more relaxed...... on the tangiers med crossing they do the immigration on the boat and you spend the crossing queing....not a good crossing.. angry
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 am

I have been doing a bit of research on the area we will be covering. A Portugese group did a trip through some of our area in reverse in 2012: Taourirt-Tendrara-Figuig-Missour. They have a webpage with 4 pages of photos and videos of the trip.

http://forum.landmania.pt/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22787

Hopefully the link works. Make sure you look at the first three pages to see the type of terrain and features we will be crossing.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:15 am

tembo...excellent find.... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 2:53 am

Looks good, will need to check it out when back at home with a decent wifi connection thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mac
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Mac

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm excited already and I'm only reading the posts Very Happy

Sounds like a great trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North East Morocco?   North East Morocco? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

North East Morocco?
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next