4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hello, just wanted to say....hello

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flid
Rookie
Rookie

Hello, just wanted to say....hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi
I had a stand at the Overland Adventure show this year and was very impressed a how well organised it was for a first show and equally impressed at the book sales I had but ultimately the people who attended both traders and public were a good bunch I thought. So a bit about me.
I'm not new to travelling but new to the overland travel scene.
It took 20 years of motorcycle and travel obsession before I figured out I could combine the two. After some European and North American trips with friends, I headed out alone armed with a little experience in lots of things, no real deadlines and a destination somewhere East of Essex. Research has always seemed easier on the road, I've always found it can be quite daunting to be too informed.
A quarter centry of keeping a daily diary combined with reporting my travels from cassette message tape to blog, it also took 25 years to gain the courage to put these experiences into a book. In Search of Greener Grass, which I'm not promoting here, just happens to be a big part of my life.
Currently planning a trip to the Middle East in spring 2013.
I left on my last trip with a relative unawareness of the overland community that exists. A summer of shows, selling the book has inevitable connected me with an array of doers and achievers I had never heard of. It’s been an enlightening summer in England as much as any I have spent on the road.
Looking forward to meeting more here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insearchofgreenergrass.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:24 am

Hi and welcome, even though we were their from start to finish, just so busy did not get to see everybody, maybe catch you next year, be good to hear about your trips. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 pm

You found us! an official welcome from yours truly. cheers

Glad the show went well for you. I've always said there is a big crossover between 4x4's and bikes, ADVENTURE OVERLAND defintely confirmed that.

The Middle East is a big place, anywhere particular in mind?
Back to top Go down
Flid
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Well, I don't want to jinx my visa applications, I will post destinations when those countries decide they want me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insearchofgreenergrass.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:50 am

Fair enough ... as and when. cheers1
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

Hi & welcome to the forum. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, just wanted to say....hello   Hello, just wanted to say....hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, just wanted to say....hello
Page 1 of 1