4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

A Bit Jealous...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi all,

Haven't posted for a few weeks. I have spent most of the month going back and forth from Geneva for meetings, workshops etc. Not a bad place but...

I have been tormented all week by messages from my wife who is out in Sierra Leone doing stories for World Vision. She is spending her days in various 4x4s crawling through mud and jungle to reach remote villages....and I get a report of how much of a challenge it is every evening. She has also been voted the Camel Trophy's traveller of the month on Twitter apparently...after posing with a battered Camel Defender at Billing this year. Hopefully will have some photos to post when she returns. I do get to go out to Mali for a couple of weks later this month but sadly no side trips to Timbuctou or the Sahara...damn Al Qaeda...

So, to vent my frustrations, Tembo's MOT is due next week so given this rare break in the rain I will be out with the tool box swapping brake pads, checking wiring....yay for me...
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Jess at Billing

A Bit Jealous... Jess_w10
Back to top Go down
horacebat
Cleaner
Cleaner

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 am

Good stuff Tembo!, sounds like she's having a blast!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:00 am

Didn't know your better half was a cover girl? Nice job Mrs Tembo! clapping

Is she from this fair isle or from North America ... I'd go for the latter?

Tell you what, while out in Sierra Leone if she can pose next to a real battered camel, reckon she's every chance of being voted the Camel Trophy's traveller of the month on Twitter next month too!
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:55 pm

The missus was born in the UK, but if you ask her she will say she is a Kiwi, having lived there most of her adult life. As far as being a cover girl goes, she was quite keen to pose nude for the Series, 90 & 110 clubs members' calender this year but schedules just didnt work out. C'est la vie....

So far she is not too sure about overlanding. Will have to see as the years go by and she a gets a few more trips under her belt before we decide.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:07 am

Tembo wrote:
As far as being a cover girl goes, she was quite keen to pose nude for the Series, 90 & 110 clubs members' calender this year but schedules just didnt work out. C'est la vie....
affraid affraid affraid

Time for a cold shower!

Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm

yea i was going to pose nude for the 90-110 callender but frank king wouldnt let me.......... affraid

A Bit Jealous... 2021402738
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Imagine Marjorie King posing? affraid Rather see you on the cover mate!

Think we should start a poll to see who would like to see Jess on the cover of the first ever "4x4 Overland Travel Forum Reader's Wives Calendar". Twisted Evil Mmmmm, now let's see - it's a YES from me!

Don't worry Tuggy, your turn will come in the 'Girls only' edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Bit Jealous... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit Jealous...   A Bit Jealous... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Bit Jealous...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Main Chat Forum-
Jump to: