HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 am

This post was originally posted by "Wuff Wider" 25-12-10, but as Admin has re-organised a section, his post had to be moved and reproduced here. Sorry Wuff! Embarassed

I'm a wannabe, I've been into driving Off Road for years, not competitively but enjoying the countryside a long time. My first venture was being sat on the bonnet of an old Series 1 with a rope on a stick trying to do a Daktari...........to catch a runaway Pig! Not very successful that idea but it was great fun trying :-) It was possibly that which made me imagine doing a loop...........driving round the world on a grand tour. It never happened though! The closest I ever got to living the dream was going to Canada for a few months but that led me onto another dream..Flying. This dream I did pursue but ended some years later through ill health.

Now I've come full circle again with my dreams and once again I'm wondering if I'll ever get that Overland Tour done? Well anythings possible isn't it? I'm fast approaching 60, Severely Disabled, married and with a Disabled wife and two fabulous Jack Russell Girls. We have a 90 Land-Rover so we're not stuck but the big Outback is calling me............and that is where I am today. The 90's great but something around the 7500Kg would be better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlandtravel.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 pm

Well hi to Wuff Wider, like yourself been thinking about a long trip to China, see the great wall and tercoter army, so yes maybe one day keep dreaming we are cheers1
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:33 am

And there's me thinking I was the biggest dreamer around! Looks as if on this forum I've got a rival or two in the dreaming stakes ... or three ... or four or ...
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:07 pm

non of us would do any thing without the dream yes maybe one day you have to make it happen then get on with it
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 am

RLD wrote:
non of us would do any thing without the dream yes maybe one day you have to make it happen then get on with it

The problem is it's easier said than done, my dream was to do a circular tour of the med coast, a dream Iv'e had for years now but not been able to due to money or family commitments now my son's 19 and left home to join the army I thought it may become a reality.

Then I read the news about whats going on in Tunisia, Libya, Jordan, Syria and Egypt and think is it really safe to travel in these countries on my own or should I stick to the northern coastline but then I have holidayed in France, Greece, Italy and Turkey although not in a vehicle would it just be more of the same.

Defender 300TDI - 110

www.4x4eurotours.com
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:49 am

make the most of the time you have
some of you may know i'm on my second lot of cancer...going to live life as much as i can...you never know whats round the next corner
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:56 am

Not got cancer, but me and swmbo have quite a few health issues, so like your self we are taking one day at a time and going to enjoy what time we have, trouble is we have 5 children all grown up and flew the nest, but then we get a call can we come and stay awile, all been told yes, but we may go of and leave you, to fend for yourselfs. lol! clinking teacups

ps i thought I would go on forever, and it would not happen to me. :shock: but it did, yes never know what is around the corner, clinking teacups

http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 am

Hopefully you will achieve your ambition, and i wish you every luck with achieving it.

If i may offer a little advice, i would begin small and use these smaller trips to identify potential problem areas, then redress them, get to know your vehicle and any problems or issues it may have, and modify it to suit your specific requirements so it works for both of you. By doing this you will have an insight to what will be an issue and deal with it, and give you the greatest chance of achieving your ambitons.

As another with a disabled partner i find the only way she can get to places ordinarily inaccessible to her is by 4X4 and have adapted accordingly. This site is a font of knowledge, some which will be beneficial, some which will not, but many are in similar positions to yourself so you are not alone, and most people will post to try to assist you in your quest.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 am

Which all goes to back up the old saying, something which I go along with 100% ... live for today, you're a long time dead!

PostSubject: Re: One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)   

Back to top Go down

One day......one day..........I hope! (originally posted by Wuff Wider)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1